The SNV Netherlands Development Organisation’s Boosting Green Employment and Enterprise Opportunities in Ghana (GrEEn) Project, funded by the European Union, which is aimed at creating jobs for youth, women, and returning migrants, as well as supporting green businesses, in partnership with Innohub, organised a roadshow to engage and recruit start-ups and Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) under its GrEEn Acceleration Programme.
The roadshow threw more light on the GrEEn Acceleration Programme and was targeted at Youth, women and returning migrants operating businesses in the following sectors:
- Agriculture (including climate smart agriculture, agribusinesses etc.)
- Renewable Energy (e.g. clean cooking, solar systems etc.)
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (Waste management, biodigester construction, water purification, recycling, production of cleaning and sanitary products etc.)
The GrEEn Acceleration Programme offers the following support to SMEs and start-ups:
- Training: A 6-month long training in business development, leadership, financial management, marketing, sales etc.
- Mentorship: A network of local and international experts and mentors who understand the Ghanaian business context on hand to support the entrepreneurs and provide guidance to them in building a resilient and eco-inclusive business.
- Office space: During the period of acceleration, Innohub serves as office spaces/coworking spaces for the entrepreneurs. This includes access to the internet, meeting, and conference rooms etc.
- Market access: Selected SMEs and entrepreneurs are supported with market access and linkages to strengthen their growth.
- Specialised services: Additional support to the SMEs will include market research, auditing, legal and regulatory support, statutory and intellectual property registrations etc. on a need’s basis.
- Access to finance: Selected SMEs and start-ups will benefit from improved access to funding for their operations as well as grants (in cash or services). SMEs will be supported to benefit from a Challenge Fund, crowdfunding platform, with diaspora mobilisation (provided by the UN Capital Development Fund), GrEEn’s bi-annual investment conference and other investment opportunities.
- Networking Events: Monthly networking events held at Innohub. These exchanges will cover a range of activities including peer linkages, exhibitions, mock investor pitch sessions etc.
Let’s go GrEEn!