Five promising Ghanaian Agritech Startups will have the opportunity to develop their expertise from Israeli Agritech experts. Known as the Israel-Ghana AgriTechAccel, this project aims at harnessing Israeli technology and product development expertise to benefit the Agritech Start-ups. It is an initiative by Embassy of Israel, in partnership with Innohub and the Pears Program for Global Innovation.
Launching the project, the Israeli Ambassador to Ghana, H. E. Shani Cooper expressed that this unique initiative is created to bring together Israeli and Ghanaian Agritech Starts ups to collaborate, learn from each other, and accelerate on a larger scale. “The second part of the collaboration is bringing Israeli entrepreneurs to Ghana to learn from Ghanaian Agric companies,” she said.
The Israel-Ghana AgriTechAccel is a solution refinery-focused program, which will run from October to November 2021, for post-pilot Ghanaian AgriTech startups. The program will involve classroom sessions, participant-led workshops, and individualized mentor support to help participating startups refine their technologies.
The selected participants will benefit from the following:
- Tailored Product Building Coaching from Israeli Tech Experts and Ghanaian coaches.
- High level workshops on product fit, product architecture, user experience, manufacturing/development.
- Partnership development opportunities with Israeli startups in a similar industry.
- Network of investment partnerships.
To be selected, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- AgriTech startup with an existing product or solution.
- Existing Tech product that is targeted at B2B and have products already on the market or post proof of concept stage.
- Previous participation in any business acceleration program will be an advantage but not a pre-requirement.
- Demonstrate a clear product development goal.
Agritech Startups interested in a tailored Product Innovation accelerator program that will provide them with high-level technological expertise for their product development journey should apply at https://vc4a.com/innohub/israel-ghana-agritechaccel/application/
Application is currently open and deadline for submission is Friday, 13th August 2021.